Monday, January 9, 2012

Chicken and Kale

Last night I needed a quick dinner so I typed "chicken and kale" (the ingredients I had on hand) into Google and found this recipe. Per usual I tweaked it a bit according to what was in my cupboards. Here's my version of the recipe:

Chicken and Kale Sautee

1T olive oil
2 1/2T red wine vinegar
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cubed
1/2c cooked brown rice
1 1/2T of McCormick's grill mates firey 5 pepper seasoning
1/2 white onion sliced
3 cloves of garlic chopped
5 large kale leaves chopped

1. Cook the brown rice. (I didn't let my rice cook fully as I wanted semi-hard rice instead of soft rice.)
2. Heat the oil and 2T of vinegar in a large skillet on medium heat.
3. Add in the sliced onions on chopped garlic. Saute until the onions are soft and the garlic is browned.
4. Add in the chicken.
5. Add the remaining 1/2T of vinegar when the current liquid starts to evaporate. 
6. Once the chicken is golden add in the rice and kale. Cook until the chicken is slightly browned. 


This will be added to my quick meal favorites, enjoy!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment